Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:56:43 GMT, Dutch > wrote:

[..]
>I do have some personal experience with cognitive
>dissonance, I experienced it, and at the point when
>I finally consciously confronted the underlying conflict
>I experienced a kind of physical discomfort in the
>brain, a dizziness and a buzzing in my ears, followed
>shortly by a kind of feeling of relief and elevated mental
>clarity. The brain will attempt to punish you to stop you
>from threatening the existing belief.

So, it's established, then, that not only are you a liar
who had to invent a family of kids to use as anecdotal
evidence to get your points accepted, both here and
in alt.abortion, when you try to stop deluding yourself
your brain punishes you to such an extent that it hurts
you ("physical discomfort"), makes you feel dizzy, and
gives you a buzzing sound in your ears.

"I did find deluding myself quite comfortable, after
all who was it hurting?"
Dutch as 'apostate' Mar 17 2002 http://tinyurl.com/cmhpo

"Deluding myself felt good."
Dutch Jun 4 2005 http://tinyurl.com/94eq3

And you wonder why I never take you seriously?