Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

On Jul 30, 1:53 am, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> Yes, you do - daily. You're massively hypocritical.

> > Yawn.

> Uh-huh - NOT. You're still defensive, and with good
> reason.- Hide quoted text -

By the way, Ball, I do genuinely wonder whether I should become self-
sufficient in food and electricity. I don't think that you've shown
that I've verbally committed myself to anything which entails that I
should, but nevertheless it is a live possibility for me that that is
what I should do. But I'm not convinced that it would be the best
thing to do, because it would mean foregoing opportunities to
alleviate suffering in other ways, by donating money to organizations
like Oxfam and UNICEF. This is a personal moral dilemma which I will
resolve by myself, and I couldn't care less what you think about the
decision I make, I have absolutely no respect for your judgement about
the matter.

You haven't shown that I've verbally commited myself to anything which
entails that what I'm doing is morally wrong. And your contention that
I am "amoral" is one of the most ludicrous things you've ever said,
and it's got some stiff competition. I have done a lot by way of
making significant sacrifices for the sake of my moral ideals, and it
is likely that I will do a lot more in the future. I have every reason
to be proud of what I have done by way of living up to my moral
ideals, you are a disgrace. The idea that I have some reason to be
"defensive" when talking to someone like you is one of the funniest
jokes you have ever made. You will, of course, deny this, but that is
irrelevant. Your judgement about the matter is worthless. Your
pronouncements on the matter are just as silly as calling me queer.

I really don't know what you imagine you achieve with all this
nonsense.