Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

Rupert wrote:
> On Jul 28, 6:03 pm, Dutch > wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> I show equal consideration for nonhuman animals, because I never treat
>>> any nonhuman animal in a way in which I would not be prepared to treat
>>> a human of similar cognitive capacities in relevantly similar
>>> circumstances, and I never financially support any process which
>>> affects nonhuman animals in ways such that I would not be prepared to
>>> financially support processes which affected humans of similar
>>> cognitive capacities in similar ways in relevantly similar
>>> circumstances.

>> Who the hell talks like that? Give an example of a situation where this
>> theory would apply, a farmers field full of profoundly retarded humans?- Hide quoted text -

> Yes, that's right. It's a highly counterfactual scenario,

Wha? Who the hell talks like that? You mean "bullshit"?

but that's
> the sort of thing you've got to talk about if you want to apply the
> notion of "equal consideration" in that context.

I don't want to talk about it, I want YOU to give an example that might
occur in the real world to represent that description you gave. All I
can think of is things like hoards of severely retarded people being
coated with deadly pesticides, I suppose you would be OK with that.