Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Never tasted a Pinot Noir ...

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:45:22 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>No worry from me Dan-E-Boy. I won't be drinking Pinot Noir from
>California -- or Oregon again. In fact, after buying/trying a few U.S.
>wines in the few months or so, they've had their last chance for at least
>another decade; should I live so long.
>But, I'll have to limit my drinking to -- let's see, what is it for oldsters
>like me? 4 ounces a day - or is that every other day?
>
>Dee

Don't let a limited sampling put you off of some wonderful wines. It's
easy to get overwhelmed by Russian River or Williamette Valley PNs
that cripple the wallet for weeks, but there are some good examples
that might open your eyes to what PN is about.

The trio that always is available at Sam's Club near me, might show up
at Costco near you--Cambria, Chalone and La Crema--The Chalone is the
cheapest and also the lightest in color and flavor. The Cambria and La
Crema both show dark burgundy color, rich black fruit aromas and have
a nice velvety, black cherry and framboise taste.

If you get the chance try them and then start saving up for some
really big wines.

Or, skip PN and leave more for me.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)