Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Terrine Event #4

On Jul 23, 4:41 pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:52:30 -0700

!)

> I don't know Closel, so I won't comment on the quality. But some of the prices are
> absurd. No one on my planet pays over 10 EU for a Cabernet d'Anjou! Or
> even over 5. And that's for good juice. The Anjou Villages looks
> about 2X what it ought to cost, I don't care how good it is.

I thought along those lines for Anjou.

> I don't have a real problem with the Savennières pricing, but it's right up there
> with Joly. Looks like priced for export outre-pond, to me.

Don't forget there is also the TVA to be added on. The prices are
actually for delivery to our house in France (carriage extra of
course).

> Do bear in mind Savennières is often searingly acidic young. 2005 will be a
> good year, but not for the impatient.

I can do patient The export their wines to Waitrose in England so I
am going to contact them to see what they have.

Judith