Posted to alt.food.wine
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Terrine Event #4

On Jul 22, 3:40 pm, "
> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 10:54 pm, "Bill S." > wrote:
> And> I'd bet an aged Savennierres would be wonderful too.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Bill, I looked on the website of the Chateau and there are several
> Savennierres.

There are a number of good ones, but they are for the patient. They
are Chenin Blanc based wines and are often highly acidic - biting
even, when young. It usually talks 5 - 7 years for them to tone down
and smooth out. There are other wines similar to this - Cloudy Bay
sauv blanc is one I leave alone for 1-2 years to meld together and
lose some acidity.

Of the Savennierres, I enjoy Closel.