Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking
Sonoran Dude Sonoran Dude is offline

Default 1,500 year old Chiles..

Rechazador de Disparates wrote:
> they try to escape from human company.
>
> That's why they have to be kept in cages. Human-bird relationships are
> unnatural.

What is unnatural about making friends with a bird? Don't humans make
friends through routine acts of kindness? Even the wildest birds will
eventually get used to you if you feed them on a regular basis. I
routinely get young litters of quail in the backyard. I like to throw
out my chopping scraps out for the chix in the morning and watch them
tackle my tall grass. I know its dinner bell mentality but mom and dad
will scratch around my feet with no problem after a few days of routine.

Chickens make great pets and wish I could have one where I live. Parrots
can die after loosing contact with an owner. I like all animals but beef
is my favorite.