Edoc

Default Bacardi Rum Cake

Bacardi rum cake

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 18 1/2 ounce package yellow cake mix*
1 3 3/4 ounce package Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup Wesson oil
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)

*if using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix: omit
instant pudding, use 3 eggs instead of 4, 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.

Glaze:

1/4 lb butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 10" tube or 12" Bundt pan.
Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together.
Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour. Cool. Invert on a serving plate.
Prick top**. Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow
cake to absorb glaze. Repeat till glaze is used up.

Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5
minutes, stirring constantly. ****Remove from heat.**** Stir in
rum.

**I use a skewer so I can make deeper holes for the glaze to soak
the cake

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: