Posted to soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.polish,soc.culture.german,soc.culture.baltics,rec.food.cooking
[email protected] santaka13@gmail.com is offline

Default American hot dog tastes like cardboard ( Chinese food tastes like cardboard)

On Jul 15, 4:38 pm, wrote:
> I suppose the American way of putting the frank and condiments between
> the buns was indeed s good idea, unknown in the USSR. In the USSR,
> they used to eat franks from the regular plate, usually with hot peas
> and french fries, or mashed potatoes, and maybe mustard.

What are French fries called in Russian? Did they have them before a
decade and a half ago? They sort of existed in Lithuania, but weren't
paid much attention to, certainly weren't worshipped like now.
Instead, why had kugelis and bulviniu blynu, not to mention cepelinu.