Posted to soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.polish,soc.culture.german,soc.culture.baltics,rec.food.cooking
[email protected] vkarlamov1@yahoo.com is offline

Default American hot dog tastes like cardboard ( Chinese food tastes like cardboard)

On Jul 15, 8:47 am, Eugene Holman > wrote:
> In article .com>,
>
> wrote:
>
> Please don't forget that when he visited the United States, CPSU First
> secretary Nikita Khrushchev , after taking his first sip of Coca-Cola,
> said "Yech! Kvass is better", but made a major backtrack after his first
> bite of a hotdog: "A masterpiece of the sausage-maker's art!" he quipped.

Quipped? You mean, he was joking?

In any case, do you have a reference?

I suppose the American way of putting the frank and condiments between
the buns was indeed s good idea, unknown in the USSR. In the USSR,
they used to eat franks from the regular plate, usually with hot peas
and french fries, or mashed potatoes, and maybe mustard.