Posted to rec.food.cooking
Zippy P Zippy P is offline

Default How much $ do chefs make?

> I hope zippy doesn't have plans to become rich and famous through
> cooking. I found a very disturbing article tonight about the
> California Culinary Academy.
> http://www.sfweekly.com/2007-06-06/news/burnt-chefs/1

Holy crarp that's a damning article. Thanks for that. I just finished my
law degree and thought it might be more fun to go to school for another
couple of years and get an AA in Cheffin'... but it looks like a new shmuck
straight out of law school makes twice what the average sous chef makes.
That's crazy.. are there just a whole lot of chefs out there or what? Or
maybe a lot of restaurants.. keep driving the prices of dinner, and thus of
chef wages, down?