Posted to rec.food.sourdough,alt.bread.recipes
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Good bread is back - newish book

On Jul 15, 10:40 am, "Dick Adams" > wrote:
> "Joe Doe" > wrote in ...
> > Good Bread Is Back: A Contemporary History of French Bread, the Way It
> > Is Made, and the People Who Make It (Hardcover)
> > by Steven Laurence Kaplan.

> I did not know this already, but it is possible to read a random page at
> Amazon.com. This book is very poetical. It is quite amazing how much
> can be said about bread, and how many different and impressive words
> can be used. Bread is almost as good as wine, in that respect.
>
> --
> Dicky

Hi Dicky, I'm glad you found reading the random page at Amazon. But
not all of books have it available, alas! I like to read the index
pages, too, on cookbooks.

I'm glad you added the word "almost" in your last sentence. ;-) I
'guess' I could live without wine, but bread would be tougher to do
without.
Dee Dee