Posted to soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.polish,soc.culture.german,soc.culture.baltics,rec.food.cooking
Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj is offline

Default American hot dog tastes like cardboard ( Chinese food tasteslike cardboard)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
>>> ,"China (AP) -- Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial
>>> chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning, is a
>>> main ingredient in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing
>>> neighborhood, state television said."
>>> Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical and flavored
>>> with fatty pork and powdered seasoning? This is the authentic recepe
>>> for American hot dogs and bologna. All you need is add some sodium
>>> nitrate - and you got you Ball Park Franks!
>>> Look at these mouth-watering ingredients:
>>> OSCAR MAYER COLD CUTS-BOLOGNA-LIGHT

>>> Oscar Mayer. What a wholesome sounding German(ic) name.

> No way. There is no such first name in German as "Oscar".
>
> ///////////////////////

.......... snip ...........
> ///////////////////////
>
> No Oscar. Oscar is American. Especially beloved in Hollywood.
>
>>> Ingredients: MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN, WATER, PORK, CORN SYRUP,
>>> MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SODIUM LACTATE, SALT,
>>> SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM ERYTHORBATE (MADE FROM
>>> SUGAR), FLAVOR, SODIUM NITRITE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, POTASSIUM
>>> PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE.

>> that's nasty. you shouldn't eat those things karla.

But I'm certain that Krafts' OSCAR MAYER brand BOLOGNA-LIGHT has all
the appropriate healthy and clean preparation approval stamps,
perhaps even one from the heart institute.

> Don't insult me. Of course, I don't. Here is the only hotdog I buy in
> USA:
>
> "European Brand Wieners in Natural Sheep Casings from Freybe Gourmet
> Foods Ltd., Langley, B.C., Canada"
>
> These doggies may not taste as well as their best relatives in Europe,
> but they are much better than anything else I've tasted in North
> America and as good as the wieners sold on European street corners.
>
> There is an extra benefit for Brookski: he can re-use the natural
> sheep casings for "safe sex" if he shrinks them a little.
>
> /////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ingredient list please!

> At Freybe, we use only the best cuts and finest spices, smoking our
> products with imported beech wood to craft the most flavorful deli
> meats, specialty meats, cured meats and sausages. Naturally low in
> carbohydrates, all of our products are gluten free and lactose free,
> with no liquid smoke, added MSG, mechanically separated meat or
> fillers - making them healthy choices for your dinner table.
> In 1844, Johann Carl Freybe started off in a new direction for his
> family. Earning his Master of Sausage Making degree, he opened the
> first Freybe store in Stettin (then Prussia), and the rest is sausage-
> making history. Following in his fathers footsteps, Otto's son Carl
> Freybe became a strong activist in promoting the sausage and meat
> industry in Germany - so much so that after his death in 1982, the
> Carl Freybe medal was created to honor individuals who do the most to
> promote the meat industry in Germany. In 1945, Ulrich - Carl's second
> of three sons - moved the family business from Stettin (now Poland) to
> Hannover, Germany. Ten years later, Ulrich traveled to Vancouver,
> Canada with a selection of sausage-making equipment. Realizing the
> potential for Freybe product in the local market, Ulrich and his
> younger brother Walter started a production facility on Georgia Street
> in East Vancouver. Over the next 30 years, our company grew to
> produce over 120 varieties of sausage, ham and specialty meat
> products, while protecting all the values and time-honored traditions
> that have made Freybe products famous throughout the world.
>
> You've heard of Vancouver, Canada, haven't you, Captain? :-)

If vkarlamov won't supply the ingredient list from the package
stored in his ice box cap'n, then perhaps you can.
Also does/do the Freybe products carry all the appropriate
permission stamps?