Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce copycat recipe

Kate Connally wrote:
> RED LOBSTER PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
>
> 4 ounces pina colada mix
> 3 ounces sour cream
> 3 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
>
> Mix together. Serve chilled.
>
> I can't vouch for it as I haven't gotten around to
> trying it yet. If I ever get the urge to fry my own
> shrimp (deep-frying is a pain in the ass and thus
> to be avoided) I plan to make it. I know where to
> get the frozen coconut shrimp (we have a GFS near us)
> so all I need it the mental breakdown necessary for
> me to do my own deep-frying at home. I mean ya gotta
> be crazy - the cost of all that oil!!!! and the mess!!!!
>
> Kate

Yes, frying makes a little bit of a mess, but I'd rather bread and fry the
shrimp myself. Panko is so easy to use! Just roll the shrimp in flour,
then egg, and then in panko with a touch of cornstarch and coconut flakes.
Fry. You know, shrimp don't take much to cook. I'll bet you could even pan
fry these and avoid the grease issue.

Just my 2 cents.....

kili