Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Good uses for skim milk?

> > People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> > doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> > 33% obese!

> Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
> hungry a few hours later.
> Dry baked potato is about as bad as anything could possibly be, and
> the obese people out there are the ones who stuff themselves full of
> the stuff in the aisles of the supermarket, not the

Many of the obese people out there eat things that are not healthy
because those items are filling and less expensive. That includes
potatoes (your example) and other stuff like mac 'n cheese, etc. Many
of these people (not all) have no choice about what kind of food
budget they have.

> *Starchy stuff like white potatoes excepted

I don't know if you're right or not; I know your statement is the
premise of one of the most recent fad diets.

I DO know that eating fat isn't good for anyone's arteries or heart
health, and I'll never be convinced that fat intake doesn't contribute
to obesity.

N.