Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Good uses for skim milk?

On Jul 12, 2:55 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 11:20 am, Tara > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit

> > > wrote:
> > >DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> > >I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> > >expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> > >remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> > >with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> > >blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> > I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
> > smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.

> > Tara

> People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> 33% obese!

Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
hungry a few hours later.
Dry baked potato is about as bad as anything could possibly be, and
the obese people out there are the ones who stuff themselves full of
the stuff in the aisles of the supermarket, not the stuff on the
perimeter (produce*, meat, dairy).
Skim milk is like Kool-Aid with a teaspoon of protein powder added.

*Starchy stuff like white potatoes excepted

> N.

--Bryan