Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default Marinated Mushrooms

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:05:07 -0000, rummaged
among random neurons and opined:

>I'm also thinking of trying Steve's idea about simmering them for a
>few minutes first! I was wondering if setting them in lemon juice
>would impede the browning/graying of them a bit. Kind of like what
>happens with apple slices?

I dunno, my instinct is to neither simmer them nor set them in lemon
juice. Lemon juice is going to shrink the mushrooms, as will simmering
them, which seems to me to impede the mushrooms' ability to absorb the
marinade. I have no personal experience with either, however, it just
makes sense to me.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines