Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynne A Lynne A is offline

Default Marinated Mushrooms

On Jul 11, 7:52 pm, wrote:
> I was going to buy some marinated button mushrooms while at the store
> awhile ago. But they were outrageously expensive ($6.49 for a small
> 10 oz jar).
>
> I would really like to try and marinate some fresh ones. . .I've tried
> it a bit in the past, but the mushrooms always turned a gray/brownish
> color, fairly quickly.
>
> Does anyone know a process for marinating mushrooms, that works pretty
> well for them?
>
> Myrl Jeffcoathttp://www.myrljeffcoat.com

My favorite marinated mushroom recipe, from allrecipes:

Simply Marinated Mushrooms

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup water
1 1/2 pounds fresh
mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black
pepper
3 tablespoons dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon onion powder

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add mushrooms and simmer for
10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, thyme, salt, lemon
juice, garlic, pepper, parsley and onion powder. Add mushrooms and
toss until coated. Chill in marinade overnight, and reheat to serve.

They are outstanding! I try to have a batch in the fridge all the
time for snacking in front of the TV.

Lynne A