Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Good uses for skim milk?

On Jul 12, 9:42 am, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

Your taste buds are certainly different from mine; that's all I drink
and usually all I cook with (unless it's a recipe that demands
cream). I have no problems whatsoever. I love the taste (or lack
of). I can't stand the cloying cream taste of even 2% milk. Chocolate
milk with skim milk is the best! ;-)

OTOH, I've never had the lactose-intolerant stuff; maybe it's
different from regular skim.

N.