Posted to rec.food.cooking
Skyhooks Skyhooks is offline

Default Outback Steakhouse

Omelet wrote:

> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> > This past week I was on vacation, and ate out a lot more than usual.
> >
> > One big surprise--a perfect ribeye at Outback Steakhouse. It was an inch
> > thick, aged to the perfect texture, trimmed so that it was round, if that
> > makes sense--in other words, none of the fatty stuff you get when you buy a
> > ribeye at the grocery. (But a good little border of grill-crispy fat on the
> > edges.) Also, I noticed no garlic salt flavor but what may have been a fresh
> > garlic rub. The baked potato was perfect, very hot and velvety, and the
> > broccoli was steamed to a fresh green color but tender, not half raw. The
> > hot ceramic plates they served the food on kept it hot--it was a pleasant
> > surprise to find the potato still hot ten minutes into the meal. The hot
> > wheat bread with whipped butter was nice, and the requisite "blooming onion"
> > appetizer was greasy and deep-fried delicious as always. Service was great,
> > too.
> >
> > This was a surprise because the first (and last!) time I had eaten at
> > Outback before, the food was nothing remarkable. Entrees are the standard
> > $15-$24, and portions are huge so it is a great value. I brought home half
> > of everything to eat tonight.

> Some may not agree, but I have yet to have a bad meal at Outback.
> It's generally my first choice for Birthdays. :-d
>
> I love the Rack of Lamb.
> --
> Peace, Om

Same here. The few times I've gone to Outback, I've always liked their
food. It was cooked to order and very tasty. I felt like I got my
money's worth and would go more often if I could.

I also think Outback is a bit different than most other restaurant
chains (not counting fast-food joints here). I believe their
franchisees are very active in their local communities with financial
donations and personnel participation in projects like house building
(and such). At least this is what I've noticed first-hand in my area.

Sky