Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Bradley smokers?

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:43:50 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>

> >"modom (palindrome guy)" <moc.etoyok@modom> wrote in message

> >> Thanks, Ed. Can you cold smoke in this unit?

> > No and yes. The setup as it is gets too hot, but, what I've done
> > with my old (similar design) smoker is to use a $10 electric
> > hotplate and a pan of sawdust for the smoke and it worked very
> > well. You can use a hotplate and a cardboard box too.

> I saw that episode of Good Eats. A classic.

I'll point out that AB wasn't cold-smoking in that episode, as he
stated in the show. The rig is so small that it's hot-smoking, although
at a relatively low temperature.

<http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Season4/Salmon/SalmonTranscript.htm>

He did do true cold-smoking in the "Scrap Iron Chef" episode, where he
made bacon. There he had a separate firebox and ran the smoke through
some dryer ducts or something to cool it off.

<http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Season5/Bacon/BaconTranscript.htm>

Brian

won't shut up.