Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy) modom (palindrome guy) is offline

Default Bradley smokers?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:48:44 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
>>
>> Did you see my query about cold smoking? Is there a gas smoker out
>> there you can cold smoke with?

>I am not familiar with any non-commercial smokers. But the Cookshack
>electrics can do cold smoking.

Thanks again, Dave.

I just dropped by the Wal-Mart in the county seat after dinner to look
at the Great Outdoors smoker Ed linked to. The steel is a little
lighter guage than in my old rusty New Braunfels pit, but I think on
the whole it looks like a good design and durable enough. Especially
for the price. I'm wondering if I could get the smoke going with the
door open, drop the flame to almost nothing and stash a bigass pan of
ice in the Great Outdoors unit to keep the temp below 90F to smoke
some (salt cured) salmon?

Those Cookshack smokers are too pricy for a hobbyist meat smoker on my
income. They look like fantastic cookers, but *ouch* -- the cash.
--

modom