Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default OT -- Tiger Frogs

jmcquown > wrote in message
> The Ranger wrote:
>> The four of us squatted down around the tank that
>> housed the remaining eight tadpoles we'd liberated
>> from a nearby creek. I watched as a prime example
>> of Darwinian Progress climbed out of the water and
>> onto the side of the tank, almost a frog (except the
>> remaining nub of a tail.) "Wow..." I breathed.
>> "Cool, huh? You going to call up your uncles and
>> friends about this?"
>>

> Jill's Bangkok Production elided

That batch is still prodigiously producing every season. Two of my
neighbors have koi and goldfish ponds (wired to prevent the local
mammalian predators from enjoying fresh sushi) which apparently
has provided perfect nurseries for additional salamanders, frogs,
and toads.

The Ranger