Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Reheating ham

Mitch wrote:
> I made a spiral cut ham bout a month ago and froze the leftovers.
> I thawed them out this week.

You didn't make a spiral cut ham... all you did is open the package,
heat, and eat... what you did is *serve* a spiral cut ham.

> If I reheat in the oven, covered, will it dry out?

Maybe... depends on how hot and for how long... reheated the same way
you originally heated it will be fine... low temperature and just long
enough to heat through.

> Or should I just nuke it?

Nuking is more likly to over cook ham.

Me, I'd eat that leftover ham cold... just let it thaw in the fridge.
Depending on how much there is I may fix a nice ham sandwich or three,
and then use the remainder, bone, and trimmings to make a big pot of
pea or bean soup.

Sheldon