Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Deb[_4_] Deb[_4_] is offline

Default pressure cooker question

This doesn't look like a preserving question.

It's too bad you can't find parts for your Mirro - I think one of my
pressure cookers is a Mirro and if so, I know I'll be just as upset as you
are if I can't find a new gasket when I need one. <sigh>

Presto has been around awhile. They make the most common pressure canner on
the market (at least in my area).

I've been seeing a pressure cooker that doesn't have the weight and looks
pretty slick. I encouraged my Dad to buy it so I could get a good look at
it, but he decided to just keep his old one. ;<

I saw a cool pressure cooker advertised on one of those 'gimme all your
money *right now* TV channels. It was electric, had a timer, no weight,
inserts for multi-layer cooking, all for just over $100. Good thing I'd
hidden my credit card and couldn't find it before the time ran out. ;>

Anyway, back to your question - I wouldn't have a worry about finding Presto
parts and $50 over the life of the pot will be very little per year.

Deb
--
In Oregon, the pacific northWET. NWF habitat #32964

ink.net...