Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default pressure cooker question

In article >,
(Pat Evans) wrote:

> I have not been able to replace either the gasket or safety fuse for my
> 1965 mirro matic. The substitute parts now made do not fit properly.
>
> None of the pressure cookers on the market can compare in quality with
> my now useless mirromatic. New Prestos start around $50. The price
> climbs as I get into Fagor and others. I like fresh summer vegetables
> cooked in the pc. I no longer use it for any other type of food.
> therefore, I never use anything other than 15lbs of pressure Presto
> starts about $50, Would Presto be satisfactory or should I invest in a
> more expensive pc. Thanks Pat

Presto is all we have ever owned. :-)
Mom's Presto lasted over 25 years. We finally replaced it when the
bottom started to get slightly convex.

I have a 5 quart and it works fine for me. I just have to remember to
wet the gasket prior to starting it up as it makes a better seal that
way.

I just give the inside of the lid a quick rinse.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.