Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pat Evans Pat Evans is offline

Default pressure cooker question

I have not been able to replace either the gasket or safety fuse for my
1965 mirro matic. The substitute parts now made do not fit properly.

None of the pressure cookers on the market can compare in quality with
my now useless mirromatic. New Prestos start around $50. The price
climbs as I get into Fagor and others. I like fresh summer vegetables
cooked in the pc. I no longer use it for any other type of food.
therefore, I never use anything other than 15lbs of pressure Presto
starts about $50, Would Presto be satisfactory or should I invest in a
more expensive pc. Thanks Pat