Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Feel No Guilt -- Bird's Nest Soup No Longer Politically Incorrect

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Mark Thorson > wrote:
> >
> > > It doesn't have to come from caves anymore.
> > > Now, wooden structures are being used to house
> > > swiftlets.
> > >
> > > http://www.abc.net.au/abccontentsales/s1184106.htm
> > > http://swiftletranching.com/
> > > http://swiftletfarming.com/birdsnest.html
> > >
> > > Eat all you want! The birds will make more!

> > Ok, but who the heck wants to eat bird spit?
> >
> > Ick.
> >
> > I'm adventurous with food but even _I_ have my limits!
> >
> > Plus they crap in the nests so you are eating bird feces too.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> Don't be rediculous! The dried nests are cleaned thoroughly before
> cooking!

To get all traces of poop, you'd have to clean them with soap and water.

That would dissolve the bird spit too. ;-)

This is one dish I'd give a definite "pass" to!

Someone would have to have been awfully hungry to try eating bird spit
in the first place imho! <lol>

Sorry, this just sounds really really gross to me.

YMMV!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.