Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Down and dirty potatoes

On 27-Jun-2007, Nonnymus > wrote:

> If you want to try something a little different, here's a recipe that is
> good for 2 people or 200.
>
> Grab some baby red potatoes and cut them so that they're all about the
> same size- bit sized. Put them in a dish or pan and sprinkle on a good
> quantity of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add a dash of celery salt
> and then a good dash of either dried celery top, dill weed or parsley
> and then coat liberally with EVOO. I cook them in the microwave for
> small quantities or on the grill for larger amounts. They're done when
> they're kinda wrinkled and can be reheated without any degredation.
>
> You can do variations with mushrooms, baby onion etc., but outside of
> doing something a little different, you'll enjoy the basic recipe just
> as much.
>
> Nonny

Just a note to tag on to what Nonny does with the little reds. I do some-
thing very similar. I don't limit it to reds though. My usual favorite is
Yukon golds, but I'm not loyal to any particular type. I wash them
thoroughly, then cut them into chunks. I put them into a large SS
bowl and slather them with EVOO first and then lay on the herbs and
spices. I haven't done them in the microwave from raw before, but will
give it a try now. Nonny's post reminds me that oil gets very hot in
the microwave and there's no reason it wouldn't do a credible job of
cooking the taters. Plus it's fast and very easy. In addition, I use
a drying rack the size of my sheet pan to keep the taters from direct
contact with the pan and let a little air under them. It works good for
me.
--
Brick (Enforce the law now; change it later if necessary)