Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au is offline

Default Lasagna in Aluminum Pan

On Jun 28, 1:11 pm, "bworthey" > wrote:
> Okay, just read something disturbing, just read somewhere, NOT to cook
> lasagna in an aluminum foil pan because something about it reacting with the
> tomato sauce.....I'm the one that posted about cooking for the large group
> and this is what I had planned to do. Any thoughts on this?
>
> B-Worthey

The foil pan is no more or less harmful than any other aluminium
cookware, that is to say quite benign. There was a scare about
aluminium concerning altzheimers (spelling?) disease but it has been
debunked. Millions of people have been using aluminium cookware for
decades and come to no harm. Yes it is true that acidic sauces (eg
with tomato) will dissolve aluminium a lttle faster than plain water
but it is not significant for health.

David