Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee,alt.tea,rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Water temperature question

Nothing boils water faster than steam. The supersaturated steam packs
more calories and if released under pressure can be hotter than
boiling. I think the problem might be the fit. It is designed for
cups not pots at least that is what I discovered with my home expresso
which was a gift. Even at that boil the water in the cup and pour
into the pot but I guess that is the ordinance. Someone recently
suggested using a silicon tube hooked up to their pressure cooker
which I know would solve my expresso clearance problem. I'd run the
tube from the jet to the pot sitting beside. I'm sure the dishwasher
is still at boiling. I assume you are talking about serving. I sleep
better at night knowing a waiter can only scald me with less than
boiling water. Just so long as they don't pass laws against flaming
fajitas.

Jim

PS I switched to a 1500w electric pot. It makes water holy real
fast.