Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bilz Bilz is offline

Default Party suggestions

All,

This board has been really useful to me so far. It has been my summer
project to learn barbecue, and I have had smashing results thus far.
The end goal of my barbecue education for the summer is to throw a
party. I will probably expect 35 to 40 people at this party, which I
will throw in late September. I am starting NOW to think about what
to cook and how much to cook.

In your experience, what types of cuts do you cook for a lot of
people? I was thinking about cooking a full pork shoulder and making
pulled pork... and then cooking up a few dozen chicken legs and making
pulled chicken for the folks who don't like pork.

What would you suggest? What do party-goers tend to like in a
barbecue party? Should I be including some ribs for snacking?
Brisket instead?

Also, I will likely be loading my smoker up pretty well if I cook for
that many people. What types of things do I need to think about?
Longer cooking times, possibly? Do I need to think again about
gear for the event?

Any thought about this will be appreciated. I want to plan this well
enough to have a good party with good food.

Thanks,
Brian