Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Skyhooks Skyhooks is offline

Default Large Rainbow trout ideas???

keep_it_simple wrote:

> I respectfully ask for ideas...
>
> I have been made a gift of a rather beautiful Rainbow trout (whole but
> gutted, around 2 KG...currently deep frozen ).
>
> I have a family BBQ this weekend and would love to present this as an extra
> "surprise"......
>
> The only thing I would say is that I would rather avoid very spicy marinades
> since not everyone likes fiery...they can always add firey sauce after!
>
> I am no expert and usually limit myself to plain and simple
> steaks/chicken/chops etc.
>
> Go on...... make me a hero this weekend!!!!
> Please?????
>
> Robby

If you don't want to grill the trout, then here's a suggestion: How
about trout muenierre/meunierre (sp?) or trout almandine? I believe
either is fairly easy to make and has a very delicate flavor. Although,
a 4.4 pound trout might not be a good candidate for either almandine or
muenierre. Just an idea.

Sky

Sky