Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_2_] Joseph Coulter[_2_] is offline

Default Chateauneuf-du-Pape at Costco

Mark Lipton > wrote in :

> Dee Dee wrote:
>> Yesterday bought a bottle of Kirkland's Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005
>> produced and bottled by Domaine de Nalys and a bottle of Banfi 2001
>> Brunello di Montalcino to compare.
>>
>> Wondering how badly they will compare -- hmm.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Dom. de Nalys is a reputable estate in CdP, producing a rather
> commercial, forward wine IME. '05 is a good year, however, where even
> lesser operations might make a great wine. I happened to see a note

in
> a WS forum:
>
> http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/...91161/m/610105

244

> that is very positive about this wine.
>
> Let us know what you think!
> Mark Lipton

Thanks for the note, I read the bottle and it said that de nalys is one
of the leading (or similar claim that I should know them somehow) CdP
vinyards. I mentioned to the guy beside me, "Hmmm, I can think of twenty
or so names and none of them are these guys" but at $19.99 it might be
worth a bite.

--
Joseph Coulter
cruises and vacations