Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default Peach Infused Vodka

Got a question for you folks. It's peach season here in the South and my
husband wanted to try making some peach infused vodka. I've got an idea of
how many peaches I need for a 750 ml pet of vodka, but my question is: do I
leave the skins ON the peaches going into the vodka or off? Do the skins
tend to leave more of a peach flavor, a bitter flavor or doesn't it matter?

I was hoping someone in the group could help. I've googled and all I come
up with are recipes for martinis or drinks using peach infused vodka, not
the particulars on how to make it.

The vodka isn't for me, by the way, but for the hubby. He's trying to
reproduce a flavor similar to McCormick's Peach Vodka (which he loved) that
he only found in Tennessee and can't get anymore.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.

kili