Old 22-06-2007, 08:49 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alan Petrillo Alan Petrillo is offline

Default Old Keemun

Space Cowboy wrote:
No I meant the leaf especially now since you mentioned it was sealed.
You are sitting on a gold mine in the terms of comparison taste. I
just tried some of my decades old stuff, some marinating in a foil
line bag. Strong aroma, strong taste, bright red liquor which I think
would be the give away if time ravaged.

Yeah, that's the stuff!

It struck me by just looking
at the dried leaf if any oxidized tea could be stored in a time vault
this one would be a candidate along with fermented teas. It looks
more similar to my fermented black Liuan than typical dark grey
oxidation.

I'll have to try some after I work my way through the Keemun samplers I
just got from Upton.

AP

Jim

On 2007-06-08, Alan Petrillo wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily throw it out.
Throw it out? Good grief no! It was nectar!

I think he meant the tin, for when you go hunting for more.

N.