Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Brisket .... how to?

Phil Evans wrote:
> I use brisket to make Montreal smoked meat.
>
> Long and slow is the secret and then after cooking wrap in foil
> and then wrap in an old towel for 2 hours. The brisket will
> continue cooking and become tender, this is an important step.

Wrapping is not necessary and I only recommend it if the brisket got done
earlier than the planned eating time.

> Use a meat thermometr to get the correct cooked temperature,
> usually about 200 deg F.

200F will work, but it can also produce a dry, over-done brisket. I used to
think 195F worked well, but now I prefer 185F as the best combination of
moist and tender brisket.

For those interested, that's a brisket I'm slicing on my website.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com