Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.equipment
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Grills with IR Burners

"Tinman" > wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

>I looked at both and don't recall the two being similar in construction.
>IIRC, the PF model's SS was mostly cosmetic and in the front.

I'll go back and look again, but the booklet I have from Lowes and my memory was
that they were both 100% SS.

>The patent that expired was for the ceramic design. They have since gone to
>a SS burner design with the glass plate. That design is still
>patent-protected.

The TEC grill I looked at had a ceramic plate with the glass cover. Keep in mind
that both grills are less than $1000, so they won't be the latest technology.

>The TEC burner also heats the entire area uniformly.

I didn't see any significant difference in the PF. It uses a flat ceramic burner
similar to the TEC model, but mounted about 6" below the grate and no glass.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars