Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Default Wood or lump?

ceed wrote:
[...]
> Looking at the Minion method site it seems like it was made for bullet
> smokers. Has anyone here successfully used it in smokers with an
> off-set fire box (which is what I am currently using)?

Definitely. It's the only way to go. I use it in my CharGriller Smokin Pro
every time. In fact, I fill up the firebox with a full bag of lump the night
before, and put a few in the chimney and take the chimney inside to keep it
nice and dry. Next morning at 5 a.m. I just get the meat out, take the
chimney outside, fire it up, and by the time the coals are hot enough to
pour on top of the unlit ones, I can put the meat on. Within a half-hour or
so, I've got the temp stable enough to go back to bed for a couple-three
hours!

--
EZ
Traeger BBQ075 "Texas"