Old 17-06-2007, 11:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob Bob is offline

Default cold smoking question

Have never tried any cold smoking, but have read that the temp
should be about 100 degrees.

I use a smoker with an offset firebox and have good luck with
cooking, ribs, roasts, etc at about 250 degrees.

Questions:
Is this smoker usable for cold smoking?

How does one keep the temp down to about 100?

During Texas summers, often the temp exceeds 100 with no fire.
So, can cold smoking be done only in the winter or cooler months?

I'd like to try fish and jerky. I recently got a couple jerky
recipes from some good folks here that I want to try.

Guess I need to go to the library to see if I can find a book on
cold smoking, but anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Bob-tx