Posted to rec.food.cooking
J S J S is offline

Default Bay Leaf Question

Bay Leaf Question

Group: rec.food.cooking Date: Sat, Jun 16, 2007, 1:42am (EDT+4) From:
ost (Steve*Wertz)
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:27:03 -0400, J S wrote:
Having had a recent near choking episode when I stupidly left bay leaf
in my pasta sauce,Ive wondered if this has happened to anyone else.It
happened to my friend up in Jersey and was quite serious/Ive noticed
some TV chefs leave it in and others remove them. Smitty in St.Pete
I'm wondering how a whole bay leaf ends up in the back of your throat.
Don't you notice something like that going into your mouth, or at least
by the time it hits your tongue?
Are a you a shoveler?
-sw

<<Yes I guess I am sometimes...although I thought Id removed them(senior
moment)
Sometimes though they do break into pieces. .Must slow down,,,
Cheers Smitty in St.Pete