Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed ceed is offline

Default Wood or lump?

Steve Calvin > wrote in
:

> Either way should work. If going for a long cook, the Minion
> method is the only way to go from the gitgo...
> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/fireup2.html#minion
>
> If I need to add to that, I just add plain unstarted lump.

The Minion method sounds compelling to me. I am sceptical since it's
against everything I have learnt about how briquettes contain stuff that
flavors the meat in a bad way etc. I guess it's only one way to find
out: Try it!

Looking at the Minion method site it seems like it was made for bullet
smokers. Has anyone here successfully used it in smokers with an off-set
fire box (which is what I am currently using)?

--
//ceed