Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus hahabogus is offline

Default Seeking advice on roast cut

"~~ Shelly ~~" > wrote in
:

> I am also wondering if I should completely cover the roast, or use
> just a cup or two of water since a crock pot usually requires less
> water when cooking.
>
> Suggestions welcome.

bottom round and use no water in the crock pot. Yeah radical I know, but
you'll get enough liquid from the roast. Why dilute the meat liquid with
water, which normally has no or little taste?...Maybe add some dried
minced onions and some garlic powder or even a pinch of crushed red
peppers hold the salt to a minimum till it's gravy time.

Add some beef bulion powder to the liquid that comes from the roast
after you de-fat not a lot just to add more beefiness. Consider browning
the roast before you crock pot it.

Look up a recipe by a great cook..Damsel in Distress I think it's called
Italian Beef sandwhiches in google groups for ideas.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore