Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dana Myers Dana Myers is offline

Default Original Charcoal Co. 20lb. Lump Briquettes at HD

BOB wrote:

>> The bag claims it's equivalent to 34lbs of "coal dust"
>> briquettes, probably because of the lack of uncombustable
>> filler. I bought 4 bags to test for both grilling and
>> smoking, I'll report back.
>>
>> Dana

> Better even than Royal Oak briquettes.
> In my Stump's the ash from 20 pounds is about the same as the ash
> from lump charcoal.
> I bought 25 bags @ the sale price last weekend. I'll be filling up my
> storage area.

Just based on grilling some salmon and veggies for dinner
tonight, I have to agree, this is excellent stuff. It cooks
like lump, leaves about the same (small) amount of ash that
lump does. I will have to get some more; I'm going to try
using it in the offset for ribs this week.

Dana