Posted to alt.food.barbecue
BOB[_8_] BOB[_8_] is offline

Default Traeger Grill Temperature Problem

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> wrote:
> > >
> > > ups.com

> > > Use these temperature differences to your advantage. Put the
> > > larger brisket in the hotter area. Or the larger end in the
> > > hotter area. Or, you can put the butts or chicken in the hotter
> > > area. I cook ribs hotter than butts or brisket. Ribs can go in
> > > the hotter portion.
> > > The bottom rack of my Stump's Smoker is hotter than the others.
> > > That's where I cook the chicken or veggies.
> > > Smoking meats isn't rocket surgery.
> > >
> > > BOB

> > I agree. It isn't surgery. Unfortunately the way that I cook
> > brisket is based on a known external temp, and known internal
> > temps. Not having an even temp across the smoker, especially when
> > you cook more than one brisket, complicates things.

> It's not *that* complicated. But, if you don't like the pit maybe you
> could sell it and get a coupla WSMs. Or maybe a Cookshack.
> --
> Dave

www.davebbq.com

LOL! WSM (I do agree it's the best grill/smoker for the money!) Talk about
uneven temperatures. ;-)
The Fast Eddie by Cookshack models are pretty even across all of the grates,
but much more costly than 'most everything else. It's on my wish list
(dreaming list?).

He could add a Stoker and get more even temperatures with the fan-forced
convection.

BOB