Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Water purifier pitchers ??

On Jun 8, 4:27 pm, kuvasz guy > wrote:
> On Jun 8, 3:56 pm, "Zippy P" > wrote:
>
> > Anybody have any experience with Brita and/or Pur water purifier pitchers.
> > The pitchers with the filters in them?

> > I like non-tap water but don't like lugging big bottles home from the store,
> > and don't want to pay $30 a month for the home delivery stuff.

> > Comments?

> > Thx!

> My water from the tap is undrinkable, but tastes fine poured from a
> brita pitcher; however, it is soft water to begin with, so YMMV...
>
> ..fred

If water is hard, then you have to use more salt. Then you will have
a lot of salt coming through your filter. Our water is too hard for a
Brita. We use reverse osmosis because of that; and also because our
water is from a well.

We used to have a heavy water distiller, but alas stopped moving it
from place to place. I'm sorry now, because I'm thinking of buying a
new one, and DH doesn't want one when he can buy distilled water.
However, I find that even distilled water has some odor eminating from
bottles either from the plastic or a combination of plastic and
cholorine that they've used for some reason. Not too happy buying
distilled water, either, but I use it in my electric tea-pot.
Dee Dee