Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking

Default Water purifier pitchers ??

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 20:25:52 GMT, Glasswalker wrote:
>
>> When filling it, I would fill it at night before going to bed.
>> They take a while to fill up.

> I don't understand why it should be done at night. It takes 20-30
> seconds to fill from the kitchen faucet, about... 3 quarts maybe?
>
> -sw

My Brita jug takes about 3 minutes for the water to drip to the bottom. Two
weeks later, it takes maybe 5 minutes. A month later, maybe 6 minutes. Maybe
some people think the need for filter replacement is a scam by Brita to
"make obscene profits", so they use the same filter forever. Then, it might
take longer for the water to drip through.