Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking
Glasswalker Glasswalker is offline

Default Water purifier pitchers ??

"Zippy P" > wrote in message
t...
> Anybody have any experience with Brita and/or Pur water purifier pitchers.
> The pitchers with the filters in them?
>
> I like non-tap water but don't like lugging big bottles home from the
> store,
> and don't want to pay $30 a month for the home delivery stuff.
>
> Comments?
>
> Thx!

We had a Brita pitcher that we used a few years ago. From what I remember
of the 'taste' of the resulting water, it's just as good as the Culligan
water that we now have.

The only issues I can think of would be, make sure that there is room in
your fridge for the pitcher (we could barely squeeze ours in). When filling
it, I would fill it at night before going to bed. They take a while to fill
up. I would also go with a more established brand (like Brita) so there's
less of a chance of the filters being taken off the market any time soon.

-Glasswalker-