Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN - Birthday wines

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> Happy birthday Mark. This sounds like a great meal and two of the wines
> the Zardetto and Torres I have liked. Where is Oakleys? Is it all the
> way downtown? I will be in Brownsburg near the end of the month and may
> want to go downtown for a good meal as opposed to Brownsburg.

Thanks, Larry. Oakley's is at 86th and Ditch, placing it in the NW of
Indy. You can get there from I-465 E by taking the Michigan exit, going
down Michigan to 86th and then E on 86th to Ditch. I'd say that
Oakley's is one of the better dining opportunities in Indy and not a
part of any chain. There are a few more "upscale" spots, but none whose
standard of cooking is any higher IMO.

Good luck, and please post notes if you do go there (or elsewhere)
Mark Lipton