Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Old Keemun

I wouldn't necessarily throw it out. You can compare it with what you
get. You might have something special. In Chinatown these days it is
called QiMen or QiHong for penny/gram. You'll still see Keemun used.
The websites carry the select grades which you might like better
especially if you drink it straight. I stay with the cheap stuff
because I don't drink it often.

Jim

PS We usually say CNNP for short.

Alan Petrillo wrote:
My girlfriend's mother gave us a tin of Keemun that she got when they
were living in Taiwan. It's at least 35 years old. To say it was
outstanding would be the great grandmother of all understatements, at
least for my unpracticed palate.

It's labeled as "Keemun Black Tea", and the manufacturer label is "China
National Native Produce & Animal By-Products Import & Export Corporation
Shanghai Tea Branch".

Considering what I've read about the Chinese tea industry going
downhill, should I even try to find more of this tea?

Where might I find a particularly good Keemun?

Thanks in advance,
AP